Servo Motors keep breaking

I have been attempting to program my Rapiro robot for a week or so now, and I have found that the servo motors break very easily. I have already had to replace the waist, right hand, and head motor. Is there anything that can be going on to make these servo motors malfunction? When I plug in the head motor now, it makes the entire robot not function. However, when I unplug it, the robot (except for the head) works.

posted by steve.cuzzi on 2014-06-20 23:18

Hi

> When I plug in the head motor now, it makes the entire robot not function.
> However, when I unplug it, the robot (except for the head) works.

How is going on when you would swap the head servo and the waist servo?

Shota

posted by shota.ishiwatari on 2014-06-25 13:59

Hello Shota,

When I swap the head servo and the waist servo, the robot still does not function unless i unplug the head servo. I have performed multiple tests on the robot, and it seems that the head servo is the ultimate problem. I just would like to know why these servo motors are so fragile, because this is the third servo motor I am going to have to replace.

Thank you,

Steve

posted by steve.cuzzi on 2014-06-25 22:47

Sorry for the late reply. We have a contact address for reporting initial defects.
http://forum.rapiro.com/defect/

If you think this is caused by the controller board, please report this issue to the mail address. If you do so, then we can send a replacement board.

When you send mail to the address, please let us know following information.

* Where did you bought the Rapiro Kit.
* Your name
* Your address
* URL of this page

posted by ken.suzuki.902 on 2014-07-03 15:07

Read Terms of Service upon submitting. 投稿する前に利用規約をお読みください。